Why Choose Us?
- Pres. Of The Kentucky Chapter Of The NACVA
- Highly Experienced
- Flexible Hours
- Dedicated To Client Satisfaction
- Telephone Consultations
- MBA Degree
- Honest & Reliable
- Over 25 Years Of Experience
- Free Consultations Available
- Established in 2009
- Over 24 Years of Experience
|Monday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
We accept the following payment methods:
Dependable Accountant in Louisville, KY
William E. Wingate III CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CVA
Business Valuation & Litigation Services
Partner • firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill graduated from Purdue University with a B.S. in Accounting in 1987 and earned his M.B.A. in Finance from Indiana University (Bloomington) in 1993. Bill also served as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Navy from 1987 to 1991 aboard the USS Fife (DD-991) that was forward deployed in Yokosuka, Japan. In 1993, he joined the international accounting firm of Coopers & Lybrand (and the successor firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers), where he was a senior auditor in the accounting and auditing division and was a manager performing litigation and valuation services for the Dispute Analysis and Investigations section of Financial Advisory Services. In October 2001, he and the Louisville, Kentucky Dispute Analysis and Investigations section left PricewaterhouseCoopers to join Tait Advisory Services where he continued to perform litigation services. In July 2003, he joined I|C|M|B Ocean Tomo as a Director to perform litigation and valuation services. In July 2004 he joined Strothman & Company as the Partner-in-Charge of Special Services Group. Strothman & Company is a leading regional CPA firm based in Louisville, Kentucky. In February 2009 he joined DMLO as Director of Business Valuations and Litigation Services. DMLO is the largest CPA firm in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In September 2009 Bill started his own firm.
ExperienceBill has over 20 years of accounting and consulting experience. As the Partner-in-Charge of the Strothman & Company Special Services Group and as Director of Business Valuations and Litigation Services at DMLO, he performed business valuations for mergers and acquisitions and for deposition purposes in connection with litigation. His business valuation services were also valuable in the formation and continuation of ESOPs, and in issues associated with gifting. He provided analysis and advice on damages and financial issues for attorneys and their clients in complex commercial litigation. Bill assisted clients on projects requiring financial expertise, cost accounting, and the evaluation of strategic opportunities. He also provided services related to intellectual property, specifically patents, for calculations of lost profits, loss or diminution of asset value, determination of reasonable royalties, and financial analyses related to liability and damages.
Bill’s specific experience includes:• Business valuations • Litigation support
• Accounting, auditing and SEC compliance • Financial reporting
• Analysis of accounting systems • Forecasts, projections and
and internal controls other financial analyses
• Strategic business planning and • Business reorganization
consulting • Business growth
• Mergers and acquisitions • Financial planning
• Staff recruitment, supervision and
Business Valuation and Litigation SupportBill has performed a significant number of business valuations and has provided litigation service support in a number of different engagements. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and a member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA). This is an organization of business valuators who have completed a specified curriculum of study of professional business valuation techniques, concepts and procedures, and have successfully completed an examination of those standards and maintained the certification through required continuing education.
Bill has performed a variety of business valuation services. These services include valuation of business interests related to divorce matters, shareholder buy/sell agreements, ESOP valuations, estate and gift valuation engagements, consultations regarding loss of business interests related to fire and other tragedies and valuation and consulting related to the sale of a business enterprise, as well as merger and acquisition transactions. Bill has provided deposition services and takes a conscientious approach to providing professional, expert, independent testimony.
Experience (continued)Bill’s business valuation and litigation support experience includes these types of entities:
• Advertising and design • Construction • Professional service firms
• Distribution • Entertainment industry • Securities investments
• Environmental services • Family limited partnerships • Transportation
• Health care • Manufacturing • Real Estate
• Medical practices • Mining • Technology
SeminarsBill has developed and/or taught a number of seminars, including the following:
• The Latest Scoop on Valuing Your Business (December 2004)
• Attorney’s Guide for Reviewing Business Appraisal Reports (2005)
• Issues / Debates in Valuing S-Corps and Pass-Through Entities (June 2005)
• Determining / Identifying Sticky Points in an S-Corp Valuation (June 2005)
• Understanding Valuation Drivers: How to Maximize the Value of Your Business (September 2005)
• Considerations When Valuing for Purposes of a Purchase or Sale of a Closely Held Business (Sept. 2005)
• Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions (June 2006)
• All Business Valuations Are Not Created Equal (June 2007)
EducationBill graduated from Purdue University with a BS in Accounting in 1987 and from Indiana University (Bloomington) with an MBA in Finance in 1993. Bill passed his CPA exam in 1996.
Bill has also attended many courses and seminars, including the following:
• NACVA Business Valuation and Certification Training Center
- Business Valuations: Fundamentals, Techniques & Theory
- Business Valuations: Case Analysis
- Development of Capitalization/Discount Rates
- Valuation Discounts and Premiums
- Being Effective in Litigation Support
- Being Effective in Expert Testimony
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Training
- Fraud auditing and forensic accounting subjects
- Ethics of fraud examiners and general ethics course
- Loss prevention, law enforcement, and security-related subjects
Over the six years ended December 31, 2012, Bill has averaged approximately 40 hours of continuing education per year.
Bill has been involved with many litigation and alternative dispute resolution cases, of which the majority of cases settle prior to trial or mediation. The following are cases in which depositions or testimony has been provided:
• Healix v. Display Specialties, Inc.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Case 3:03CV-3:04-S (Deposition for Plaintiff)
• Boles, et. al. v. American Express Financial Advisors.
- Testimony before NASD Arbitration Panel for Plaintiff.
• WLO Management v. Robert D. Burrell
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, Jefferson Circuit Court, Case 06-CJ-11178 (Testimony for Plaintiff)
• Borders Unlimited, Inc. v. Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, Case 07-19-KKC (Deposition for Defendant)
Patent Cases• Gaus vs. Conair
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of NY, Case 94-5693 (KTD) (worked for Plaintiff)
• Read vs. Powerscreen
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Case 96-11025-JLE (worked for Defendant)
Mediation Cases• Burt vs. Burt
- Prepared analysis of a business for the non-equity spouse. Case settled in mediation.
• Dr. Natalie Stevens vs. Associates in General Surgery, P.S.C.
- Prepared damage analysis for Plaintiff. Case settled in mediation
Professional Designations and Licenses
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
• Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV)
• Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
• Chartered Global Management
Professional Activities• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
• National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
– Kentucky Chapter President, 2003 to Present
• Louisville Bar Association
– Allied Professional Member
• Floyd County Bar Association
• Kentucky Collaborative Family Network